Driving through Calais
- If you or your vehicle are threatened, call the emergency services on 112 from a mobile or fixed line
- If you suspect stowaways have boarded your vehicle, present it for checking at UK border and advise your transport manager/supervisor
- If you think your load has been breached by migrants, use Home Office check list and report to your transport manager/supervisor and the consignee
- If you are delayed or miss your crossing, check with your transport manager/supervisor if DfT has relaxed drivers’ hours
- If you see suspicious activity or possible evidence of people trafficking, call police on 117 and report to UK border officials
Full details of the advice offered by Logistics UK to members passing through northern France is available here: Calais Driver Advice Briefing Note.