Who we are and how to contact us?
https://www.portal.fta.co.uk (‘Site”) is operated by Freight Transport Association Limited, a limited company registered in England and Wales with company number 391957, having its registered office at Hermes House, St John’s Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4 9UZ, (“FTA” "we" “us” “our”) Our VAT number is GB217853550.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
By using our site, you accept these terms:
FTA are bound by the Terms of Business with the hosting organisation – ‘Six Circles’, those terms are available here if required.
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use the Site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 06 April 2020.
We may update and change the Site from time to time to reflect changes in legislation, to our products, our users' needs and our business priorities or changes in the industry. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes. We may suspend or withdraw the Site. The Site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that the Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of the Site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
The Site is only for users in the UK
The Site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through the Site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
You must keep your account details safe. If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion such username is inappropriate, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you know your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com.
All intellectual property identified from the use of conversations on this site shall remain the shared property of those who are deemed to have contributed. If commercially sensitive information is disclosed it the responsibility of the person disclosing to ensure they have permission to do so, FTA accepts no responsibility for any damages resulting from any individual disclosing such information and is hereby indemnified against any claims amounting to losses suffered financially or reputationally in any way.
All information posted in this forum is for support and advise from FTA members to FTA members. It is not the intention for the FTA to use this portal as a means of formally advising and notifying members.
Any advice received, the assistance offered, or any reciprocal exchanges are independent of the FTA who seek only to provide a common platform for members to do so.
Members are asked to comply with some basic rules when using this forum users must;
- Be a current FTA member. Associations or arms reach organisations must be wholly owned by the authority. If the organisation is not a parent member of FTA then must have branch membership.
- Not swear or express antisocial behaviour.
- Enter anything libellous on the site. This will include in particular any defamatory comment or defamatory views on any company or individual.
- Communicate any anti-competitive views on the site. In particular, there must be no discussion of supplier’s prices or any discussion which could result in a supplier or any other company losing any potential market revenue.
- Not submit or post Copywrite material including any graphics, images or other media that are uploaded and that you require your users to do likewise may be entered on the site unless without the expressed permission of its owner.
- Not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
- Not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
- Ensure that you and any Users shall not access, store or distribute any viruses or any material that, we may deem to be:
- unlawful, harmful, threatening or obscene;
- racially or ethnically offensive;
- depicts sexually explicit or pornographic images;
- promotes unlawful violence; or
- discriminates by race, gender, colour, religious belief, sexual orientation or disability.
- Always acknowledge the contributors of content fairly.
- Not seek to collect, compile or database information from this site.
- Trick or defraud others into disclosing sensitive information.
- Seek to circumvent or abuse any of the security features of this site.
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site.
The site will be monitored, and any offending entry will be removed if found or reported and upheld. These guidelines are established to protect both FTA and the Member companies using the site, both of whom could be held liable in any action taken. If you are in doubt about any proposed entry, please contact the FTA directly using the contact information above.
It is not intended that print outs or copies of communication are used for any other purpose than forwarding discussion and contribution back to the forum. Any copies of such information should not be retained for longer than reasonably required and not beyond the life of this forums hosting and availability unless without the expressed permission of all who have contributed to such content.
Do not rely on the information on this Site unless we state otherwise, the content on the Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action based on the content on the Site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on the Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where the Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any services or products to you, which will be set out in our Terms and conditions of Sale.
We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to the Site or any content on it.
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, the Site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Site
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage
Acceptable Use Policy
You may use the Site only for lawful purposes.
You may not use the Site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam)
You also agree:
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the Site;
- any equipment or network on which the Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party
Rules about linking to the Site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to the Site on any website that is not owned by you.
The Site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Client and User Data
All Intellectual Property Rights in the Client Data that is uploaded or processed through the Web Platform is retained and remains owned by the individual posting. Likewise, we do not claim ownership of the Intellectual Property Rights in the User Data, which shall be owned by the user, as per the terms of this agreement.
During the Term, we agree to keep confidential all Client Data that is, in fact, confidential. If the Client Data contains information is freely available, obvious, has been passed to us by a third party without obligations of confidence or is already in the public domain then this information will not be classed as confidential for the purpose of these terms.
There may also be circumstances where we are required by law, regulations or through a recognised statutory body to disclose your confidential information to aid in an investigation. If such a situation does arise then we shall disclose only the minimum that is required by law.
Upon the closing of the FTA’s Member Forum, you shall have a period of 30 days where you can request access to Client Data and User Data about your organisation or individuals within your organisation. The download will be available in .csv or excel format files and shall be at the discretion of the FTA.
After this period of 30 days, we will permanently erase and delete all Client Data and User Data from our servers. You recognise and acknowledge that the erasure and deletion of all Client Data and User Data are irreversible and is necessary for us to comply with the law.