Logistics UK announces 2020 award winners
Friday 13 November 2020
Twelve of the UK’s finest logistics businesses are celebrating today (13 November 2020) after being recognised as the ‘best of the best’ at Logistics UK’s 2020 Logistics Awards, sponsored by Port of Dover. The awards celebrate supply chain leadership and excellence and recognise leaders who have made a significant contribution to the industry, either as individuals or as businesses.
“Logistics UK is the only business group representing all of the logistics industry, so we are ideally placed to recognise the achievements of our sector’s leaders,” says David Wells, Chief Executive of Logistics UK. “These awards have been the ideal opportunity to recognise the outstanding work of the individuals and businesses committed to keeping Britain trading under increasingly challenging circumstances. I would like to congratulate the winners personally; this recognition is so richly deserved.”
The awards were presented at Logistics UK’s virtual Future Logistics Conference & Expo on 13 November 2020. With full multimodal representation, finalists working across all freight sectors were recognised for their outstanding commitment, knowledge and expertise.
The winners for the 2020 Logistics Awards are:
- Most Innovative Company of the Year, sponsored by Logistics UK Fuelcard: Menzies Distribution
- Most Innovative Product of the Year, sponsored by ITT Hub: CharterSync Limited
- Road Freight Operator of the Year, sponsored by Brigade Electronics: Stagefreight Ltd
- Air Business of the Year, sponsored by Multimodal: Kerry Logistics
- Water Business of the Year, sponsored by The Malcolm Group: Stena Line
- International Shipper of the Year, sponsored by Santander: Radwell International Ltd
- Public Services Operator of the Year, sponsored by Quartix: Warwickshire Police Commercial Vehicle Unit
- Van Operator of the Year, sponsored by Logistics UK Recovery: Altrad Services
- Logistics Partner of the Year, sponsored by CoolKit: Howard Tenens Logistics
- Diversity Champion of the Year, sponsored by Transaid: #LearningThroughLogistics Partnership
- Rising Star of the Year, sponsored by DDC FPO: Lauren Fletcher, Head of Depots - South, Hermes UK
- LERS Leadership in Emissions Reduction, sponsored by ExxonMobil: WJ Group
Logistics UK (formerly FTA) is one of the UK’s leading business groups, representing logistics businesses which are vital to keeping the UK trading, and more than seven million people directly employed in the making, selling and moving of goods. With COVID-19, Brexit, new technology and other disruptive forces driving change in the way goods move across borders and through the supply chain, logistics has never been more important to UK plc. Logistics UK supports, shapes and stands up for safe and efficient logistics, and is the only business group which represents the whole industry, with members from the road, rail, sea and air industries, as well as the buyers of freight services such as retailers and manufacturers whose businesses depend on the efficient movement of goods.