Logistics UK Driver Assessor Certificate
This course focuses on the practical aspects of driver assessment and corrective training. It is an extremely cost-effective way of providing training throughout a company. Subsequent ‘in-house’ training will ensure that drivers are taught about safe and responsible conduct, giving consideration to fuel economy and other road users.
The course will train candidates to carry out driving assessments and provide corrective training for HGV and PSV drivers. Candidates who successfully complete the course will be certified by Logistics UK for 4 years, given a personalised ID card and Logistics UK pin badge.
Please note: companies wishing to train their assessors to conduct driving assessments in company cars and vans (<3,500kg GVW) will need to train their assessment staff to be an ADI (Approved Driving Instructor).
Who should attend?
- Those responsible for raising and maintaining driving standards across a team of professional drivers.
- Lead drivers, driver trainers and assessors who wish to validate their skills by attaining industry-leading accreditation.
- Aspiring driver assessors.
Benefits of attending
- Train-the-Trainer format is a cost-effective way to cascade training and assessment across a driving team.
- Identification of unsafe and inefficient driving practices in order to develop driver-centred remedial actions.
- An increased understanding of the technical and psychological aspects of driver assessment.
- Assessors will be better equipped to provide constructive feedback to drivers.
- Licence, eyesight and vehicle checks.
- Assessment routes.
- Driving assessment reports.
- Conducting assessments.
- Practical driving techniques.
- Commentary driving.
- Instructional techniques.
- Dealing with negative driver skills and behaviours.
Course duration and prices
3 days for 1 delegate: Members: £2,174+ VAT / Non-members: £2,718 + VAT
5 days for 2 delegates (vehicle type permitting): Members: £3,954 + VAT / Non-members: £4,943 + VAT
This course is only available as an in-company option. For more information please email email@example.com or call 03717 11 22 22.