Operator Licence Awareness Training – OLAT
This course is designed to help transport professionals at any level develop an active role in ensuring legal compliance within their operation. It provides an overview of the operator licensing system and details the fundamental undertakings that apply to operators.
Sample online session clip:
Who should attend?
- Anyone who wishes to update their transport legislation knowledge to the latest standards.
- Those who are committing to their continued professional development as a transport professional.
- Candidates preparing for a full Transport Manager CPC.
- Operators who are required to complete refresher training as advised by a Traffic Commissioner.
Benefits of attending
- Up-to-date knowledge and the notification of future developments in transport legislation.
- Provides peace of mind that you are operating legally in compliance with the latest guidance from Traffic Commissioners.
- Offers the opportunity to network with other industry professionals; sharing ideas and best practice.
- Operator licensing.
- Managing the licence.
- Maintenance systems.
- Drivers’ hours and record keeping.
- Driver licensing.
- Road safety.
- Incident reporting.
Delegates are be required to complete an assessment. On
successful completion, they will be issued with a certificate of
Please note that DCPC uploads are only available on the classroom OLAT.
e-OLAT learners’ feedback
- The level of training was deemed excellent or exceeding expectations by 100% of the delegates.
- The course content was considered as excellent or exceeding expectations by 86% of delegates.
- 100% of the delegates who attended the e-OLAT course have advised they would recommend it to a colleague.
‘Thank you very much. The standard was that of which I've come to expect from the FTA, and that is the highest possible’.
‘The eLearning / Webinar is an excellent approach considering the current circumstances, but in truth it could remain a very worthwhile process post pandemic’.
Classroom - 20
Online - 16
Course content includes tuition, course materials, lunch and refreshments.
This course qualifies as 7 hours Driver CPC. This needs to be specified at the time of booking. Subject to £8.75 DVSA upload fee.
Please notify us of any special requirements or access arrangements at the time of booking.
Course ID: OPERAT6Hul