FTA seminars help transport managers prioritise extensive responsibilities, says Iveco
Monday 02 November 2009
The Freight Transport Association’s (FTA) Transport Manager 2009 seminar roadshow – which is currently under way and runs until early December – is sound preparation for transport managers who play a “massively important” role, says exclusive sponsor Iveco.
The seminars provide transport managers with essential details of legal developments and information to allow them to plan ahead, providing businesses with a competitive edge in the present tough market conditions. Full range commercial vehicle manufacturer Iveco is showcasing its vehicle range at each seminar with senior engineers from the company highlighting vehicle developments that will help operators improve efficiency and reduce emissions.
Commenting on the range of subjects covered by the seminars, Stuart Beeton, Iveco Sales Director, said:
“It makes you realise just how much responsibility is placed on the shoulders of transport managers. One of the presentations from the Health and Safety Executive ranged from how to ensure staff are wearing the correct footwear through to the safety aspects of loading and unloading. It’s a massively important role.”
Nigel Emms, Director Brand & Communication at Iveco, agreed:
“When you add up all of the items a transport manager is responsible for, it’s endless. We don’t usually look at a transport manager’s responsibilities in that way, so for us the seminars have proved a useful learning experience too.”
Stuart Beeton said:
“I am very impressed with the professionalism of the FTA and how the seminars have been put together. The opportunity for us to present to over 1,000 transport managers during the series is significant and is proving well worth the time and financial investment we have made.”
Simon Chapman, FTA’s General Manager - Information and the man behind the Transport Manager programme, concluded:
“We are very grateful for Iveco’s support for Transport Manager, which for many is the ‘must attend’ event of the year. The continuing success of Transport Manager underlines the importance placed by our members on compliance and best practice, even in tough times such as these.”
Further information on Transport Manager 2009 is available from the Freight Transport Association on 08717 11 22 22, or go to www.fta.co.uk.
Notes for Editors
1. Remaining venues and dates for FTA Transport Manager 2009:
Yeovil – 4 November
Dunblane – 10 November
Sheffield – 18 November
Birmingham – 24 November
Ascot – 2 December
2. Limited free press places are available at each event. For further details please call Jackie Langridge at FTA on 01892 552253 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Transport Manager seminars regularly attract over 1,000 delegates each year. The seminars have been a key feature in ensuring industry is prepared for forthcoming legislative and operational changes for over 20 years.
4. Attendance is open to members of FTA at £315 plus VAT for the first delegate and £265 for subsequent delegates, and to non-members at £375 plus VAT for the first delegate and £335 for subsequent delegates. Call the FTA Member Service Centre on 08717 11 22 22 for registration.
5. Iveco designs, manufactures and markets a broad range of light, medium and heavy commercial vehicles, off-road trucks, city and intercity buses and coaches as well as special vehicles for applications such as fire fighting, off-road missions, defence and civil protection. Iveco employs over 27,000 people and runs 27 production units in 16 countries in the world using excellent technologies developed in six research centres. Besides Europe, the company operates in China, Russia, Australia and Latin America. More than 6,000 service outlets in over 100 countries guarantee technical support wherever in the world an Iveco vehicle is at work.
For media information please contact FTA’s media team on 01892 552255/01892 552253 or, out of hours, on 07985 874248 or 07818 450425.
For further information about Iveco please contact Nigel Emms, Director Brand & Communication, on 01923 259513.
FTA Press Office