Details of this group are only available to Logistics UK members. To find out more about all Logistics UK councils please visit our Logistics UK Councils information page.
Chair: Dr Nick Head, Environmental & Sustainability Lead at XPO Logistics
Secretary: Denise Beedell
Terms of reference
The Environment Working Group is comprised of individuals with a direct responsibility for the decarbonisation of freight activity within their organisations. The Group's remit will be to:
- Inform and help direct Logistics UK’s position in responding to, and influencing, measures proposed or taken by local, devolved and UK government, and European and global regulatory agencies for meeting nationally and internationally agreed Net Zero goals and ambitions.
- Shape Logistics UK’s efforts to inform and educate elected representative and policy makers about the challenges and ambitions of the logistics sector to achieve transport decarbonisation.
- Promote and oversee Logistics UK's Route to Net Zero Campaign.
- Create a forum for the presentation, understanding and discussion of environmental and sustainability related to the logistics sector.
The group will operate according to Logistics UK’s Rules on the Conduct of meetings and meet at least three times per annum.
- Thursday 22 February 2024, 10:30 - online
- Thursday 27 June 2024, 10:30 - online
- Thursday 24 October 2024, 10:30 - online
Working Group members who have not received joining instructions for any meetings should contact Denise Beedell
Minutes of the meeting held on 15 June 2023
Minutes of the meeting held on 16 February 2023
Minutes of the meeting held on 29 September 2022
Minutes of the meeting held on 16 June 2022
Low Carbon Fuels Strategy - call for ideas notes
Minutes of the meeting held on 10 February 2022
Minutes of the meeting held on 30 September 2021
Notes summary of the meeting held on 23 August 2021
Minutes of the meeting held on 17 June 2021
Minutes of the meeting held on 18 March 2021