Transport Manager 2023 to kick off in Yeovil this month
Monday 18 September 2023
Transport managers, have you kept up to date with all the compliance information you need to operate efficiently this year? Over 1,200 delegates are already booked to attend Logistics UK’s Transport Manager autumn 2023 conference series, which kicks off on 21 September at Haynes Motor Museum in Yeovil. Ten events will take place around the UK, as well as a virtual event. Now in its 23rd year, Transport Manager is the industry’s leading event at which to learn all the latest compliance information and guidance on legislation and other issues affecting operators. This year, the event series is sponsored by Brigade Electronics, BP, Weightmans and WTW.
Sessions at Transport Manager 2023 will include:
· The local Traffic Commissioner on their priorities for the year ahead, with advice on how to avoid non-compliance.
· The latest regulatory updates, including Direct Vision Standard (DVS) and General Safety Regulation (GSR).
· An interview with Loveday Ryder, Chief Executive of the DVSA.
· An introduction to the Commercial Vehicles Workshop Rating Scheme.
· Load security incidents and how to manage the fallout.
· Introducing alternative fuels into your operation.
· The Metropolitan Police Commercial Vehicle Unit on the award-winning Transport Professionals Talk.
Kate Jennings, Logistics UK’s Director of Policy, said: “Transport Manager provides the ideal opportunity for those in charge of vehicle fleets to brush up on the latest legislation and compliance issues. Bookings for this year’s conferences are already higher than at the same time in previous years and with only a short time until the series kicks off in Yeovil, anyone wishing to attend is advised to book their place as soon as possible.”
Logistics UK members can book for a place at the full-day conference for £335 plus VAT for the first delegate and £315 plus VAT for subsequent delegates; for non-Logistics UK members the cost is £435 plus VAT for the first delegate and £415 plus VAT for subsequent delegates. This includes access to all the exclusive conference sessions, refreshments throughout the day and a take-home bag packed with useful information.
Transport Manager will be touring the UK from September to November 2023 (the programmes at Belfast and Glasgow may differ from the above):
21 September - Yeovil
27 September - Newcastle
3 October - Manchester
5 October - Belfast
11 October - Doncaster
19 October - Glasgow
7 November - Peterborough
10 November - Virtual event
14 November - London
23 November - Cardiff
30 November - Birmingham
For further information, or to book a place, please visit: https://logistics.org.uk/transport-manager