🕒 Article read time: 2 minutes
Logistics UK announces 2021 award winners
Logistics UK has announced the winners of its 2021 Logistics Awards, following the celebratory gala dinner held at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge on Thursday 9 December 2021, with entertainment provided by talented stand-up comedian Ed Gamble.
In the presence of guest of honour, Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal, businesses including Mercedes-Benz Trucks UK, PD Ports and Menzies Distribution scooped awards, with a special achievement award for work during the COVID-19 pandemic being made to Alliance Healthcare. Leigh Pomlett, former director of CEVA and outgoing president of Logistics UK, was presented with the annual Lifetime Achievement award.
CLIPPER LOGISTICS SCORES A HAT TRICK
Clipper Logistics was the evening’s biggest winner, scooping two awards and a highly commended award, while Stagefreight retained its title as the Road Freight Operator of the Year. Nicola Foley, Assistant General Manager, Wincanton, was named as the logistics industry’s Rising Star for 2021 and received her award from The Princess Royal. The awards were sponsored by organisations including AEB (International) Ltd, AIPUT (Airport Industrial Property Unit Trust), Brigade Electronics, DDC FPO, Clarios – VARTA Batteries, Logistics UK Fuel Card and Logistics UK Recovery Service.
CELEBRATING ‘THE BEST OF THE BEST’
David Wells, Chief Executive of Logistics UK, said: “The Logistics Awards 2021 recognise and celebrate ‘the best of the best’; the companies and individuals who have made a significant contribution to the logistics and supply industry over the past 12 months and who excel in their fields. As the only business group representing UK logistics, Logistics UK is well placed to identify the stars within our industry; our winners are truly exceptional, and I am thrilled to have this opportunity to present them with their awards.”
With full multimodal representation, shortlisted entrants working across all freight sectors were recognised for their outstanding commitment, knowledge, and expertise.
AND THE WINNERS ARE…
The winners of the Logistics Awards 2021 are:
- Rising Star – Nicola Foley, Assistant General Manager, Wincanton
- Innovative Product – Mercedes-Benz Trucks UK for Mercedes-Benz Actros
- Diversity Champion – Gemini Corporation NV
– Highly commended - Clipper Logistics
- Public Services Operator of the Year – Clipper Logistics
- International Shipper of the Year – Radwell International
- Environmental Champion of the Year – Hermes UK
- Logistics Partner of the Year – Noatum Logistics
- Air Business of the Year – CharterSync
- Most Innovative Company of the Year – Clipper Logistics
- Water Business of the Year – PD Ports
- Van Operator of the Year – Menzies Distribution
- Rail Freight Operator – Maritime Transport Ltd
- Road Freight Operator – Stagefreight
- Special COVID Award – Alliance Healthcare
– Highly commended – Fresh Pastures
Published On: 16/12/2021 16:00:43