Dangerous Goods Awareness e-Workshop
Logistics UK Training has launched a NEW online interactive Dangerous Goods Awareness e-Workshop, now available as part of our Dangerous Goods Academy training portfolio. This introduction course is designed to provide an opportunity to engage with one of our Dangerous Goods Safety Advisers who will provide dangerous goods legislative guidance to those involved in the carriage of dangerous goods.
Attending this course will:
- Provide you with a clear understanding of the principles of the legislation.
- Enable you to identify the level of training required within your dangerous good operation, e.g. function specific.
- Give you peace of mind that you are satisfying your regulatory responsibilities to demonstrate compliance with the enforcement authorities.
The aims of the workshop
Explain the legal framework:
- Dangerous Goods legislation.
- Enforcement authorities.
Discuss operational requirements:
- Demonstrate your organisation’s role and responsibilities.
- Impart knowledge on the importance of operational provisions.
- Explain the role of a Dangerous Goods Safety Adviser.
- Advise on dangerous goods training requirements.
- Highlight the powers of enforcement authorities.
- Regulatory framework - multi modal with emphasis on road transport.
- General principles of classification and identification.
- Product containment.
- Dispatch and documentation procedures.
- Generic and bespoke training requirements.
- Role of enforcement authorities
- Identify the regulations that govern the safe transport of dangerous goods.
- Know the role and responsibilities assigned to those involved in the “transport chain”.
- Appreciate the principles of packing and transporting dangerous goods including the requirements for vehicles and their crews.
- Manage all relevant training requirements within your organisation.
- Understand the role of a DGSA and when legally required.
- Demonstrate compliance within your organisation.