Overseas Operations - Channel Islands
This chapter covers the weights and dimensions, drivers’ hours rules, licensing and customs requirements for journeys to Guernsey, Jersey and the Isle of Man.
Updates for 2020:
- Cost of the P30 permit for the temporary exemption of maximum weight and dimensions that apply to commercial vehicles when in Jersey.
Updates for 2021:
- Cost of the P30 permit updated for the temporary exemption of maximum weight and dimensions that apply to commercial vehicles when in Jersey.
- Public view of the Island Road Works information System which shows planned and agreed road works, within Guernsey.
- Updated Email address for Isle of Man
- Department of Infrastructure, and removed
- Fax number that is no longer used.
- Updated name for Jersey Customs and
- Immigration Service, and added Option 1 to telephone number.
- Updated email addresses for Guernsey large vehicle permits.
Download the overseas operations - channel islands chapter of the Yearbook of Road Transport Law
- Brexit and the Channel Islands and Isle of Man relationships with the UK.
- Weights and dimensions.
- Isle of Man.
- Drivers’ hours, records and tachographs.
- Driver licensing.
- Operator licensing.
- The Isle of Man.