Funding and support for accessing logistics skills
The ability to access a workforce with the necessary skills is essential for the future success and resilience of UK logistics. This is currently an acute issue for the recruitment and retention of essential HGV drivers but applies to other roles that are vital to the functioning of this critical part of the economy too.
As well as campaigning for policy changes to help create a sustainable pipeline of staff to meet the demand for people in our sector we have taken practical steps to make a difference for our members too. This guide to Funding and support for accessing logistics skills, and the associated webinar were produced with the active involvement of the Department for Education and the Department for Work and Pensions.
Download the guide here
The latest edition has been updated to include:
- Details on the new Way to Work Campaign from DWP.
- New and updated information on apprenticeships, including for devolved administrations.
- Updated information on Level 2 and 3 qualifications.
- Updated funding information and deadlines for schemes.
- New case study demonstrating how support available for qualifications has supported a move into a career in logistics