Shipping Dangerous Goods by Sea - Refresher Course
International law in the form of the International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code (IMDG Code), requires all shore-side staff concerned with the transport of dangerous goods by sea to receive training commensurate with their responsibilities, (IMDG Code, Paragraph 126.96.36.199).
Who should attend?
- This course is for those who require a refresher or already hold a valid Dangerous Goods by Air Certificate. The IMDG Code also makes it clear that the initial training should be ‘...periodically supplemented with refresher training…’. We recommend that candidates attend retraining at approximately 2-year intervals
Note: Anyone requiring only a Dangerous Goods by Sea Certificate must attend the full two days sea course.
Benefits of attending
- This 1-day Course will update your ability to interpret the regulations regarding the transport of Dangerous Goods by Sea
- Introduction to International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code
- Marine pollutants
- UN packaging specifications
- Packaging procedures
- Limited Quantity provisions
- Consignment preparation
- Marking and Labelling of packaging and IBCs
- Placarding of containers, tanks and vehicles
- Segregation Groups and Segregation Provisions
- This price includes tuition, course materials, lunch and refreshments
- Please notify us of any special requirements or access arrangements at the time of booking
- This course is also available as an in-company option.
- For more information please email email@example.com or call 0371 711 2222