General Security Awareness Training (GSAT) – Online Training
In line with EU Requirement 2320, GSAT training has now been in existence since November 2007 and all staff working in the Security Restricted Area (SRA) of a Department for Transport controlled airport will need to hold a current certificate. Newly recruited staff will need to undergo this training as a prerequisite to applying for an airport ID pass.
Who should attend?
- Examples of staff requiring this training include airside office workers, airline operations and passenger service staff, engineering and maintenance staff, aircraft refuellers, shop, catering and other staff in the departure/arrivals areas.
- Staff who have received certain other security training – for example, air cargo, in-flight catering, and job functions which include security as part of their training (eg security staff, air crew, etc), are exempt.
Benefits of course
- Easy to use video based course.
- Clear text for second-language speakers.
- Multiple choice questions.
- Department for Transport (DfT) approved training.
- Administration system for employers.
- Regularly updated to comply with latest EU and DfT legislation.
- The course is short and easy to use and can take under an hour to complete.
- The threat to aviation.
- Objectives and organisation of aviation security.
- Security Restricted Area and access control.
- Prohibited articles.
- The trainees role in aviation security.