Transport Activity Survey
What is the Transport Activity Survey?
The Transport Activity Survey is a survey of business opinion within the logistics sector, based typically on a sample size of around 150 FTA members. The survey results help to produce an indicator of current and future business sentiment and conditions in the logistics sector and external factors influencing efficiency. Business sentiment is measured using a percentage ‘balance’ of responses - calculated by subtracting all negative responses to a question from all positive responses.
The survey report is used by:
- Bank of England and Government departments - at a macro economic policy level
- the Media - as a snapshot of business views in the sector
- industry to understand how the experience of individual organisations is reflected more widely across the industry
What can I learn from the survey?
- Identify areas of performance and under-performance within your own business by comparing it to other FTA members
- The recent trends in all modes of freight transport and business confidence for the quarter ahead
- Challenges facing the transport and logistics sector
- Updates on domestic, global and European freight activity
Where can I get the report?
The latest edition was the quarterly October 2017 Report
For copies of past reports, please email firstname.lastname@example.org