Logistics UK's Services' response
Logistics UK are doing everything within our control to ensure we can continue to deliver the services that keep your operation legal, compliant and safe whilst minimising the risk of infection for our members' and our staff.
Whilst we are continuing to follow and adhere to government advice, we are proposing a number of measures, should our clients wish to implement them, to ensure uninterrupted service and wellbeing of staff.
Our measures for Vehicle Inspection Service (VIS)
In response to an increasing number of reports from Logistics UK members that they are struggling to book statutory vehicle inspections with local garages due to staff shortages during the COVID-19 pandemic, Logistics UK would like to reassure operators of commercial vehicles that our Vehicle Inspection Service (VIS) will remain operational throughout the crisis.
Logistics UK's VIS is available to both members of Logistics UK and non-members alike. The wide extent and type of vehicle inspections range from vans and heavy goods vehicles (HGVs) to buses and specialist lifting equipment. Our national team covers the UK and Republic of Ireland and all the inspections delivered in the UK are accredited by United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS).
To support logistics companies in these extraordinary circumstances we are now offering:
- Carrying out mobile inspections where your workshop facility isn't available.
- Supplementing your staff, where you have shortages, with our engineers carrying out mandatory inspections and minor run repair services (non UKAS accredited).
- Making our engineers available for weekend inspections.
Logistics UK has made alterations to our inspection processes to ensure that we are still able to deliver the services that keep your operation legal, compliant and safe whilst minimising the risk of infection for our engineers and our clients. These measures include:
- Delivering inspections at a site of your choice – such as a service provider – as long as the normal safe working environment for an inspection can be maintained. This includes conducting inspections outside (weather permitting) and away from your staff, although this is not possible with passenger vehicles, such as buses, where an inspection pit is required.
- We do not need to physically meet with client’s staff on site – we can collect and return vehicle keys from a pre-arranged secure location, deliver reports by email and conduct post-inspection discussions by phone. Keys can be sanitised before return. Our engineers have also been advised not to accept any hospitality (such as tea and coffee) during their visits.
- Our engineers will have a full set of PPE from the moment they enter to the moment they exit your site.
Our measures for Operational Consultancy and Audits & Standards
Our proposals can ensure no contact between yourstaff and our auditors and consultants, and include:
- Carrying out audits and reviews at a location of your choice – as long as the normal safe working environment can be maintained. This includes conducting audits and reviews away from your staff, maintaining the recommended government guidance of keeping at least two meters away.
- We do not need to physically meet with your staff on site; where audit or review questions do require verbal information, this could be carried out via a phone or Skype call. We can collect and return relevant documentation from a pre-arranged secure location, deliver reports by email or via Vision and conduct post-audit or review discussions by phone. Our auditors and consultants have also been advised not to accept any hospitality (such as tea and coffee) during their visits.
- Conduct remote assessment of documentation, when this could be provided to our auditors while complying with relevant data protection legislation.
- Our auditors and consultants will use a new pair of disposable gloves from the moment they enter to the moment they exit your site.
As part of Logistics UK’s COVID-19 response programme our Consultancy and Standards team have started delivering remote audits and reviews as an alternative to onsite ones. This new service is following the framework accepted by the Office of the Traffic Commissioner* as a temporary concession aimed at improving operator safety whilst operating in compliance with public health advice.
Our measures for Training
We want to reassure the clients that our team is committed to deliver training services which they have been promised. Whatever the situation, we appreciate that there is still a requirement to keep their fleet legal, compliant and safe, while minimising the risk of infection for their staff and our teams.
As recommended by current government guidance, our training courses are being delivered as planned, but this situation may change, so please keep checking our website for information.
Online alternatives: Our clients may have team members working from home or have a policy which prevents staff from attending events. Logisics UK can offer the following courses online:
Please see our website for more details: www.logistice.org.uk/training
Our measures for Tachograph Services
Logistics UK has been monitoring the government’s guidance on COVID-19, responding to new information as it arises and preparing for all possible scenarios.
Following government advice, we have now suspended our Tachograph Onsite Compliance service until further notice. In its place, we have implemented a Remote Compliance Service, offering traditional bespoke analysis of compliance reports followed by presentation and discussion around analysed data, delivered through various platforms allowing the visual share of data sets and outcomes, such as Microsoft Teams or Skype.
In addition, Logistics UK is now offering Vision familiarisation webinar sessions for tachograph services customers. These sessions need to be pre-booked with Logistic UK's Customer Services team and will allow for up to 10 registrants from one company to connect to the webinar facility on a confirmed date.
We would like to reassure you that Logistics UK is doing everything possible to ensure we can continue to deliver our Tachograph Analysis Service. We know this service is vital in helping to keep your operations compliant with tachograph and drivers’ hours legislation.
As per the government’s advice to work from home where possible, digital working conditions have been implemented across our Tachograph Analysis teams.
Our measures for Vision
We would like to reassure you that Logistics UK is doing everything within its control to ensure we keep the Vision platform accessible and secure so that you can continue to use it to keep on top of your operational compliance in terms of tachograph analysis, vehicle inspections, driver training, penalty charge management (PCN), driver licence checks, and audits delivered by Logistics UK. Having completed our own internal risk assessment along with our ISO 27001 certification, we would like to reassure our customers that we are prepared to deal with the situation as it unfolds over the coming weeks and that the online services we offer will not be compromised due to this episode. We have the technology infrastructure for our entire development team to work remotely, when necessary.
Logistics UK has been closely monitoring the rapidly changing situation around COVID-19, responding to new information as it arises and preparing for all possible scenarios. To assist in minimising risks to our staff as per government’s advice to work from home, digital working conditions have been implemented across our development team.
Our measures for Shop
Stock up on your essential supplies
Logistics UK's Shop is committed to ensuring essential supplies to support your business' continuity. Our suppliers and delivery partners will make every effort to deliver your goods as planned.
However, a critical consideration for these turbulent times is equipping staff with all products they need to continue as normal. Visit www.shop.logistics.org.uk today to ensure you are fully equipped.
Logistics is vital to Keep Britain Trading, and we hope these suggested measures will help you keep safe and compliant during these exceptional circumstances.