Performance status period report set explained
This page is aimed at members who are fundamentally concerned with comparing which areas, depots and drivers compared to previous periods are doing better or worse than before - focusing on numbers of traces, drivers' hours infringements, record infringements and averages, whilst also plotting FTA's unique benchmarking national and sector averages.
Level 1 (dashboard Level)
The dashboard level report shows the company's current and previous average drivers' hours and record infringements per trace over the time scale selected in the admin section of the website. Weekly - fortnightly - monthly (4-4-5)
Click on admin tab - click on 'select' next to username.
Click on account groups, then click on edit - in the report period selection choose whether: weekly, fortnightly or monthly (4-4-5) - from the drop down and then press update.
This will save the dashboard level period of this report to match the selection made.
The report shows the average drivers' hours infringements per trace for the current period and previous period.
- Red bar - current period
- Red highlighted bar - previous period
It also displays the average record infringements per trace for the current and previous period.
- Yellow bar - current period
- Yellow highlighted bar - previous period
Click on a blank section of the report to drill down to next level. Click on any bar to drill down to the infringement categorisation report set.
This level is still looking at company level data as in level 1.
The report is set out as a vertical bar graph that is split into periods, these can be customised between weekly, fortnightly or monthly (4-4-5) time frames.
To select the period required for the report set being run click on the 'reporting type period' to get to the drop down list and click on the period required - then press the 'view report' option to run the report for the chosen period.
The report set always compares current period against previous period. The period is then split into periodic data.
The time frame of the report is determined by the period selected.
- Weekly - displays three months of periodic data
- Fortnightly - displays six months of periodic data
- Monthly (4-4-5) - displays one year of periodic data
To highlight a specific section of the current year's data to check from select a date from the 'start of period date' field and then press the 'view report' button. The report will highlight the week (always starting on a Monday) that was selected by the user, but if there isn't a year's worth of information from that start date to the present the report will show a year's worth of data.
- Red bar - current period drivers' hours infringements average per trace
- Red highlighted bar - previous period drivers' hours infringements average per trace
- Yellow bar - current period record infringements average per trace
- Yellow highlighted bar - previous period record infringements average per trace
The report also plots horizontal average trend lines to help the member benchmark their own averages against:
- light blue line - company average per trace for the current period which is the total amount of drivers hours and record infringements divided by the number of traces
- green line - national average per trace same calculation as light blue line but for all companies
- dark blue line - sector average per trace same calculation as light blue line but for all companies within the same sector as the member running the report
- these average lines will always be flat, stable lines as they are the average for the whole period and will not fluctuate
- click on a blank section of the report to drill down to next level. Click on any bar to drill down to the infringement categorisation report set
Level 3 onwards
The drill downs to the varying levels of the reports company to driver all make the same calculations as at company level but for the area, depot, drivers drill down report the user is currently displaying.