Digital tachograph support for Windows 7
When a digital tachograph card is inserted into the card reader, Windows 7 will try to install device drivers for the smart card and fail. This can be stopped by following the following instructions from Microsoft TechNet:
- click 'start', type 'gpedit.msc' in the 'search programs and files' box, and then press enter
- in the console tree under 'computer configuration', click 'administrative templates'
- in the details pane, double-click 'windows components' and then double-click 'smart card'
- right click 'turn on smart card plug and pay service' and then click edit
- click 'disabled' and then click 'OK'
- however, if other smart cards are being used on the PC ie other security cards, this may stop them from working properly
- the PC will need to be restarted for this change to take effect
- you will then need to download the latest drivers from Omnikey
- download the OMNIKEY 3x21 setup installer with filename OMNIKEY3x21x86_for_R1_2_1_2.exe
- running this will update drivers already installed. Restart CDU after running installation